Tuesday 5 June 2012

3... 2... 1... Lift off!

Welcome to my blog!

My name is Ryan, but I've been nicknamed "Ginger" since I started primary school. Currently I'm a sixth form student, studying Physics, Maths, Electronics and Computing. I've been fascinated by space & the universe for as long as I can remember, and have finally bitten the bullet and bought my first (proper) telescope!

I'm EXTREMELY excited about my first night camping out with my new telescope, and thought it would be nice to have somewhere to record everything I've seen, what I've done and what was difficult to find in order to track my progress over time. I'm also keen to try my hand at Astrophotography, and so I've bought & modified an Xbox Live Vision webcam in order to try some basic lunar and planetary imaging in the not too distant future.             

Whilst I realise that a diary would have been a much simpler record of my progress, I must admit to being an absolute tech geek and feeling more at home whilst sat in front of a computer. It also allows me to share my progress and findings (hopefully some pictures too, but we'll see...) with friends, family and complete strangers from all over the world.

I'll post up some pictures when the delivery man brings my telescope, as well as post regular updates following each observing session! I hope you find my progress, (assuming I make any...) interesting, and clear skies!

Ginger


No comments:

Post a Comment